Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A.S. Roma


This past Sunday I went to an A.S. Roma calcio (soccer) game. Listen up, I'm in love. The passion, the die-hards, the extreme hatred for the other team, the chants, the yells... I am a Roma fan.

"A Lei...forza Roma Lei, forza Roma Lei, forza Roma Lei, Roma Lei, Roma Lei, Roma Lei!"
-The words of my first learned chant

Unfortunately, Roma lost: 2-1. It was an okay game; personally, their defense was a little weak. This is sad because going into the game, Roma was in first place. Not any more.

Oh, and after the game, we got lost. That's been a theme for this trip, I feel. Getting lost. And the worst part was that we found out we were going the wrong way after walking up a steep hill only to walk straight into a gate, and it was closed.

As an official fan, you'll notice my beautiful jersey in the above picture. In addition, I have a "Roma" flag, too. This will be hung to show my loyalty to a team across the ocean. Forza Roma!

----
In other news...
Saturday night: The beautiful Catherine and myself went to a salsa club. Oh yeah.
Monday night: Went out to dinner for Morgan's birthday at a great pasta place called "L'Archetto". It was quite good, yes.

Today, I have to study (fat chance) for an exam I have tomorrow (blah).

It is weird that I am ending my time here at the John Felice Rome Center. For the next two weeks, I will be in Anconna, Isernia, Ceretto, and Rome. There is also a chance for one or two nights in Cinqueterre. I am not sure if I will be able to post after Thursday, so I'll try do one final posting before then. I love you all!

Pax et bonum.

No comments:

Post a Comment