Sunday, February 21, 2010

Music and Dance: Jazz and Salsa

This weekend was quite eventful. I stayed in Rome--the next weekend in Rome, for me, is Easter weekend! Lots of traveling for the next 5 weekends.

Anyway, on Friday night my friends and I went to a Jazz bar. It was great. More and more I am loving Jazz music. The musicianship is fascinating. And, although I am overly critical on drummers, this one was actually worth hearing. But perhaps the greatest part of the night is that our ticket is good until March 19th! I'm already excited to go back.

Saturday. Another good day. During the afternoon, Catherine and I went to the Borghesse Gardens in Rome. So beautiful! I can't wait to see it again when the flowers have bloomed a bit more. I will put up pictures of this later today or tomorrow--I promise! (I don't have them uploaded on my computer right now, so that's why I am not.) Afterwards, Catherine and I went to this freaking really tasty Pizzeria. I will never get sick of the pizza here. Yummy.

Now for the exciting part of Saturday: Salsa dancing at night. My friends and I wanted to go Salsa dancing. We arrive at the place, and we are all really, really excited. We get there, get our drinks, and start hanging out. There isn't a lot of people dancing, and at this point in the night, the only ones who are, are pretty good at Salsa. Pretty, really good. However, then we met Roberto and Marco. Two gentlemen in their 30s. (Oh, and it's Roberto's 33rd birthday.) I freaking loved them. It was hilarious and so fun at the same time. I even got the privilege of learning a little Salsa from one of their close lady friends thank you very much. As the night went on, we ran into them every once in a while and what not. But then at one point, Roberto comes and grabs us: "Cake!", he yells. So we get cake. Now, let me explain something, this cake had freaking dynamite sticks on it. We end up celebrating his birthday with him. "I am happy you are here with me," spoke Roberto the smiling, dancing 33 year old.



Dancing and dancing and dancing. We decide it's time to go home. It's probably like 2.30, maybe 3. Well, Roberto comes and talks to us and says "Enjoy my birthday with me!" He asks us how we were planning on getting a home, to which we answered by a taxi. "I have a car. Stay with us, and I'll take you home." Morgan and I looked at each other, and being the lovers-of-adventure, we smiled and said "of course" at freaking the exact same time. 

We ended up partying and dancing until 5, and by the time Roberto got us home, I went to bed at 6. It was such a fun night.

Last thing worth noting. On the way home, Roberto gets to a road and says, "Okay so you said you live in Monte V...." And I said, "O no, we live in Monte Mario". "O shit," he replied. 

Great night.



3 comments:

  1. that sounds like so much fun! i am so happy you are having a wonderful time and making every minute count! I love you and cant wait to hear more salsa dancing stories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seem like you are having lots of fun in the pictures. What clear liquid are you drinking...must be water :)

    ReplyDelete